Method of Preparation:
- In a medium stock pot combine beets, water, bay leaves, thyme and peppercorn and bring to a boil for approximately 1 hour or until the beets are fork tender.
- Remove the beets and let cool.
- While beets are cooling, place balsamic vinegar in a small saucepot on low heat. Allow the vinegar to reduce for 15-25 minutes until it thickens enough to cover the back of a teaspoon.
- Once the beets are cool, remove the outer skin with a vegetable peeler. Be careful, this step can get messy!
- Slice beets into ½ inch slices and finish on the grill for 5 minutes per side.
- Melt butter and add minced garlic. Brush slider buns with garlic butter and grill alongside beets for 3-5 minutes.
- Layer goat cheese, beets, and mesclun greens on the toasted slider bun and drizzle with the balsamic reduction.